Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This has been one of the most relaxing and enjoyable summers I can remember. Ofcourse, there's the stress of not having a job, but that stress is far outweighed by the joy I feel spending time with my family and creating the kind of memories with them that my mother created with me.

I realized a long time ago that I was not the type to work a million years for someone else and when I realized that it became more and more difficult to go to work everyday. Don't get me wrong, I've never been lazy, its just that I would prefer to set my own hours and receive inspiration from nature rather than be couped up in an office all day waiting for 5pm when I would be set free.

During this time, I've also been able to regroup and learn more about myself, which I could never have done before. Like many people, I was putting way more into my job than I was getting out of it. We all know that work will sometimes be stressful and demanding, but it should never be the most demanding or stressful thing in your life. NEVER!

I'll be going back to work in the Fall. Back to the hustle and bustle, back to dealing with nosy co-workers and miserable managers. But I've given myself a deadline: two more years MAX! Only two more years of being dependent on someone else for my income. To make this happen, I need to spend the next two years doing everything in my power to get my businesses fully functioning and be in a place where I can spend everyday enjoying the beauty of nature and relying on my own intelligence and intuition to survive. This summer has given me just a taste of honey...mama wants the whole beehive.

No comments: